#iwill Community Ambassador Programme 2018-19
Do you know a young Birmingham resident aged 16-25 that would like to volunteer as Youth Ambassador in an exciting new project to help prepare our city for the Commonwealth Games?
Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to…..
- Participate in positive volunteering experience supporting local communities.
- Have access to accredited leadership and youth training.
- Gain new skills and build your CV and work experience.
- Access to networking opportunities and attendance at the National Youth Ambassador event.
- Access to Digital Badges (an online validated indicator of accomplishment, skills, quality or interest).
- An opportunity to achieve certificates of achievement upon completion and gain accredited Volunteering Awards.
Helping the City to get Commonwealth Games Ready!
On behalf Of Birmingham Social Housing Partnership, Accord is leading on a new project that seeks to engage Youth Ambassadors to help get Birmingham “Commonwealth Games-ready”. This 12 month project is funded by Clarion as part of their national Community Ambassadors Programme and will bring young citizens together to;
- Plan and host celebratory local community events.
- Ensure places / communities are attractive and welcoming to all visitors to the City and remain so as a legacy of the Games.
- Utilise and enhance open spaces.
- Build team-working and sustained community integration across ethnic and geographical boundaries.
If you know anyone that might be interested in this project please contact Natalie Jones by email Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Helly at Peter.Helly@accordgroup.org.uk